Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines, Candy, and Games...OH MY!



What a wonderful day we had on Friday and I have so many parents to thank for that! The entire day was filled with excitement, anticipation, stories, exploring words through detective work, and learning!
The last hour of the day we held a Valentine Party. We ended up having eight parents altogether which helped tremendously. We started by opening up our Valentine's and investigating to see all the yummy treats we had inside. Then we had Kahle's mom come in to be our Friday Friend. She read one of her favorite Valentine stories, "Franklin's Valentine" by Paulette Bourgeois. She came in for Health Helpers day as well. She is very animated and the students love when she comes in to read to them!
We then set up five stations:
Station One was a Love Story Reading Station, once again Lynn read to the students. This time she read through, "Be My Valentine, Amelia Bedelia" by Herman Parish. The kids really seemed to enjoy the book and having that time to let their bellies relax!
Station Two was an Ice Cream Station! Not just plain Ice Cream, but we created an Ice Cream Sundae station where each student got to create their own personalized sundaes, adding whichever toppings they enjoyed. There were a lot of messy, yet smiling faces at this station! Thank you Jason for making sure everyone was full and having fun!
Station Three was a Memory Match Station. I think the students spent more time giggling at this station then matching their cards. Braeden's dad, Jim was creating his own guessing games with each group. It was very entertaining to watch!
Station Four was a Surprise Station! Anna's dad, Garrick did a very good job when I handed him this station. It was just "supposed" to be a word match station, but since I had enough parents, I decided to let them open a surprise balloon gift that I found. If you haven't seen them, you must! The kids were in awe of them! You just hit this little bag and there is a chemical reaction that makes an inner bad inflate it. Some students were nervous, where others were very curious! Thanks for being so adventurous Garrick!
Station Five was Heart Bingo Station. The students love playing Bingo. we play it with our site words, letters, and beginning sounds. This is a great way to practice Capital Letters, Lowercase Letters, and Star Words at home! Kenneth's dad, John, brought extra treats to hand out to the special winners! Thank you John for practicing letters and playing Bingo! Since I had so many parents I had the opportunity to take a lot of pictures and even some video recordings! Hope you enjoy the slide show and hope there weren't too many terrible tummy aches when they got home!
Happy Valentine's Day!


Speical Thanks for attending the Party and Lending a Helping Hand:
Jason and Jennifer Ceminsky
John Kopp
Garrick Rudolf
Lynn Schreiner
Jim Steiret
Jessica Bejarano
Alicia Kelly
Lynnita Schmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment