Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog's Day

On Friday, we discussed the tradition behind Groundhog's Day, read a short story about Groundhogs, created a art project, and then the students had to vote on the Smart Board indicating if they thought the groundhog would see his shadow, or not see his shadow. They all had different reasons for their choice:
"The groundhog told me what would happen so I know that it's going to keep snowing."

"I think that it will be cloudy out, so then when the groundhog comes out he will bring the sun with him."

"The groundhog doesn't want to live in the deep, dark, dirty den anymore, so he will want it to be sunny."

Well the poles are in today and after reading "Ten Grouchy Groundhogs," we watched the video stating:
On February 2, 2010 Punxsutawney Phil, the Groundhog from Pennsylvania proclaimed:
“As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me.
Six weeks more of winter it will be!”

I guess I'll go grab my scarfs and mittens again!

No comments:

Post a Comment