Monday, January 4, 2010
Welcome Back and Welcome Here!
So, the day is finally here! My pandas finally returned after a 12 day break. Now, at first I must admit that this didn't seem very long. But, soon into the break, my ideas changed. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the break was too long, or unnecessary. But being a first year teacher, I wasn't sure what to expect when those kiddos came walking through our classroom door this morning. I found myself pacing, panicking, and wondering what it is going to be like when my Pandas come back from their holiday break. You see, Kindergartners are so much about routine, structure, and schedules, that although it's only been two weeks, what if that was TOO long!?
But let me tell you, it was magical. They checked in on the SMARTboard, gave their welcome back hugs and/or high fives, they sang rise and shine, they hung their art projects on the "Miss Parr's lil' Picasso's" wall that they completed over break,they sat criss cross applesauce, and so much more. They were just grand.
That is why I wanted to create this blog. For those little moments that mean so much. My first semester was FILLED with them. Those little worries, wonders, experiences, and memories that happen day in and day out. In a sense, it is my open journal to share with those who might be experiencing the same first year wonders, it might be for the parents that want to know "what really goes on in Kindergarten." Some days it might provide a comic relief, while other days I may just ask questions and share ideas.
Welcome to our classroom. Hope you enjoy the journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment